This page lists current volunteer jobs and opportunities in Origins-USA. Contact email@example.com about your interests, and someone will get back to you soon.
Current OpportunitiesOrigins-USA seeks two additional candidates for the 2012-2013 Board of Directors. Each Board member is also an officer. Read about Origins-USA's Board and Committees below.
Also, we need to fill the following Committee Chair positions:
Also, Origins-USA needs more volunteers, as your time allows, to:
- Website and Email Management
- Adoption Facts
- Expectant Parent Outreach
- Search and Support Resources
Board of Directors/OfficersBoard members will be elected in August and serve up to three one-year terms. Three of the current Board members are nominated to stay on the Board in 2012-2013: Carla, Carlynne, and Debra.
Two more nominees are needed for a full slate of five candidates. Each Board member is also an officer: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Vice President Communications.
Eligibility for Board Membership: Mothers who are Origins-USA members and who lost a child to adoption or whose parental rights were terminated.
Board member responsibilities:
Current Board Members: Bernadette (President), Carla (Vice President), Debra (Secretary), and Carlynne (Treasurer).
- Prepare for and participate in Board conference calls monthly and as scheduled.
- Participate in Annual Members Meeting conference call.
- Participate in annual review of Origins-USA's progress and setting goals for the coming year.
- Serve as an officer. See Officer Responsibilities (members only).
- Participate in fundraising.
- Promote Origins-USA membership.
- Publicly support Origins-USA's mission, goals, programs, and services.
- Prepare your successor for office.
Each committee is led by a committee chair.
General Committee Chair Responsibilities
* Ensure that the program is consistent with Origins-USA's mission and goals.Membership
* Keep the Board informed about program activities at least quarterly.
* Oversee the work of program volunteers.
* Respond to prospective volunteers.
* Prepare your successor.
* Develop and carry out membership building plans.Mothers in Action Newsletter
* Invite non-member contacts on email list to join, at least annually.
* Ensure that Origins-USA services meet member needs.
* Respond to inquiries about membership.
* Welcome new members,
* With paid website/database administrator, maintain member records,
* Ensure that members receive automated renewal notices,
* Certify the names of members eligible to vote.
* Prepare and publish newsletter twice yearlyParents’ Stories
* Recruit people to contribute articles
* Screen and edit submissions.
Editor: Denise, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Develop and carry out plans to promote Parents' StoriesBooks & Media
* Review submitted stories
* Maintain and update Parents' Stories pages of website
Chair: Carla, email@example.com
* Maintain and expand list of books, movies, videos, blogs, and websites for Recommended Books & Media for Mothers and FamiliesSearch and Support
* Maintain and expand list of Recommended Books about the Adoption Industry
* Write book/media reviews for website and newsletter
Book and Video Coordinator: Debra, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Respond to inquiries about search and support resourcesExpectant Parents Outreach
* Find and screen new search/support resources for people separated by adoption
* Respond to inquiries from expectant parents.Adoption Facts
* Develop answers to Question to Ask before surrendering a child.
* Find and screen resources to help you keep your baby.
* Find and screen research on the effects of surrendering a baby on mothers.
* Promote Origins-USA's information for expectant parents online.
* Distribute print brochure, to reach expectant parents offline.
Maintain and expand Origins-USA's web pages on Adoption Facts, including:
* Examples of Adoption Industry Tactics to lure mothers to surrender their babies.Fundraising
* Information on Government Funding for Family Separation and Adoption.
* Information on Parents Rights when they are considering surrender or have surrendered a child.
* Information on Adoption and Humane Alternatives to adoption that provide children separated from their mothers with stable living arrangements that honor and maintain their connection to their families.
* Information on the Numbers of Surrenders and Adoptions in the United States.
* Develop and carry out fundraising plansWebsite and Email Management
* Coordinate with paid website/database administrator to maintain donor records
Coordinate with paid website/database administrator and graphic designer to:
* Ensure that the Origins-USA website is well-designed, user friendly, free of errors, and up-to-date.
* Promote website visibility.
* Post updated content as requested by Board and Committees.
* Manage @origins-usa.org email addressess.
* Send email blasts as requested by Board and Committees.